Monday, April 23, 2012

An Afternoon in Summerland

My favorite afternoon is usually an afternoon spent in Summerland, California at my friend Mogull's house. Mogull, as she is affectionally known to all of us, used to visit us at French General back in Hollywood and tell us all about her five kids - and to tell you the truth - I couldn't believe it - five kids! I am one of five and I know how crazy a house it can be with five kids. But somehow she managed to be so cool - which seemed like such an anomaly to me. Then, four years ago, Mogull joined us in France, on our very first Chateau Getaway. I think I must have recognized her ability to harness a group of 20 women very quickly and I remember thinking - she's a keeper! She has returned with us every summer and is usually the first one up, delivering Molly and me coffee in bed - something we desperately need most mornings! Mogull and her great friend Stacy are the women behind Summerland Mercantile - a wonderful workshop, creative garden and atelier just a couple of hours north of Los Angeles - on the outskirts of Santa Barbara. Every year I get to go up for a workshop or two and teach in this outdoor space - it's always a fun afternoon and it's filled with Mogull and Stacey's warm touches. I'm headed up again in a couple of weeks to teach a jewelry workshop - nothing fancy just a bunch of interesting types sitting around and sharing our creativity. If you need a day out or live in the area, sign up for a day to relax and create something beautiful - just in time for Mother's Day! Sign up here!

5 comments:

pooky said...

Beautiful piece!! Love the colors. Tfs!

molly said...

cannot wait! very exciting...

Anonymous said...

Margaret says....

I want to come! I live in San Diego and am not sure if I can drive up in time. I will check the details and let you know...i love this bracelet!

MPC

Kimberly Jones said...

I visited their site and it looks wonderful! The bracelet is simply beautiful. I love the colors!

Tracy Altieri said...

Sounds and looks wonderful - too bad it's so far away!